The governance of the pCPA is as follows:
- Provincial and Territorial Deputy Ministers of Health
- Responsible for overseeing the initiatives of the pCPA and appointing a chair of the Board of Directors.
- Board of Directors
- Represented by each individual responsible for the drug plan in their jurisdiction.
- Responsible for governance functions, engage in knowledge sharing on jurisdictional priorities, issues and concerns that impact the Canadian health system, identify and direct initiatives that require collective leadership and action.
- Audit and Finance Committee
- Review and support the financial affairs of the pCPA, including policies the annual budget and financial statements.
- CEO Evaluation and Succession Planning Committee
- Develop and oversee the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) evaluation process for the Board.
- Governance Committee
- Ensure the efficient and effective governance of the pCPA, including the strategic direction of the pCPA.
- Negotiations and Policy Committee
- Composed of operational leaders for each jurisdiction.
- Oversee and manage the negotiation process for the pCPA and provide policy advice, development and review to the Board.
Members of the Board of Directors
Andrea Nagle, Acting Assistant Deputy Minister
Mitch Moneo, Assistant Deputy Minister (Chair)
Robert Shaffer, Assistant Deputy Minister
Eric Levesque, Associate Deputy Minister
Newfoundland & Labrador
Pam Barnes, Director, Drug Programs and Services
Luke Spooner, Senior Project Manager
Natalie Borden, Senior Executive Director
Carmine Nieuwstraten, Executive Pharmacy Lead
Patrick Dicerni, Assistant Deputy Minister
Prince Edward Island
Marsha Cusack, Senior Manager, Pharmaceutical Services
Dominic Bélanger, Director, Drug and Pharmaceutical Services
Greg Gettle, Assistant Deputy Minister
To be confirmed
Scott Doidge, Director General